A releasing ritual can be done at anytime that feels right for you, however, when following the full moon cycles it can help us to reconnect with ourselves and our journey on a regular basis offering us a reminder to “check in.” A way to bring focus into releasing the things that no longer serve our journey. Practicing these rituals can be super simple, easy, uplighting and meaningful.
How to create a simple full moon releasing ritual:
1) Sit quietly in self-reflection during meditation or your personal prayer time and ask yourself these three questions.
-What is it in my life I want to change?
-What in my life no longer serves me on my personal journey?
-What is it I am ready, and willing to release to create room for new things to come into my life?
Whatever comes to your mind first is usually the thing(s) that needs to be addressed the most. It’s important to listen to your intuition and honor what it is trying to tell you.
2) Take a moment to write down your answers to these questions.
3) Burn cleansing incense or smoke such as sage or any herb of your choice. Cleanse your space and yourself before burning the note as a way of “letting go.” I enjoy burning herbs with the note and infusing the space with reiki energy as a way to bring cleansing and blessings to this act of releasing. If you are not attuned to reiki energy you can always say a prayer, blessing or mantra over the burning note.
4) Release the ashes back to the earth by sprinkling them in your garden or somewhere special to you. It is good to honor all parts of this journey even when they are ready to be released. I follow this by washing the bowl I used to burn the letter in as a way of cleansing away anything left behind from the ashes to represent new beginnings.
5) Take time afterwards to meditate and visualize the action of releasing and letting go. Journal your thoughts and feelings afterwards to help seal the practice.
There are many ways to preform a releasing ritual so find what works best for you. Remember to always listen to your intuition and trust yourself. Make this practice intentional allowing space to visualize this act of releasing seeing this energy melt away. This is a power way of letting go to create space for new ideas, a deeper awareness and fresh inspiring energy to enter into you life.